Monday, April 7, 2008

Disney World and Universal!

My Christmas present from Cole was a trip to Orlando to Universal and parts of Disney World! I'm always telling him I want to go somewhere, and constantly trying to plan a trip so that is exactly what he got me. It was so much fun! He got us tickets to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure and told me to pick a third park. I chose MGM Studios (Hollywood Studios now), but of course we also made our way to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom - although we arrived at Magic Kingdom too late to do anything. Hey, does the monorail count? :-)

On the plane there I told Cole I was more afraid of roller coasters than I had previously let on. But once we got there, we were both hooked! They didn't go upside down enough or go fast enough for us! We're already checking out Busch Garden's site because they're all about roller coasters and they're pretty crazy - maybe next year!

Below is a picture of me by the Pickle Tree in "Germany" at Epcot. Cole and I flipped out (and bought a pickle) when we saw this tree. Every year Christmas night we look for the hidden pickle in the Christmas tree at Cole's parents' house and every year we lose (Jen, his sister wins - always)! Hopefully, our new pickle will bring us better luck. The other picture below is us at Disney's Pleasure Island our first night there. This is where the phantom ESPN Zone was. I say phantom as we search all over Orlando for this place (ok, not really) and never found it. We were unaware it was right under our noses at Pleasure Island. Maybe if we had known this we wouldn't have had to eat at NBA City (see picture below of Cole and his Kobe handprint).


No comments: