Monday, June 2, 2008

The Chicken Dance

I'm sure by now you've heard that McDonald's has come out with the new Southern Style Chicken Biscuit and Sandwich to compete with Chik-fil-A's chicken biscuit and sandwich. Well, maybe you haven't. Well, I have - maybe because on the day McDonald's launched these two new products they gave them away for free with a purchase of a large drink and it seemed like every male in my office went. See below:

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2008/05/12/daily33.html

But, the question is: How do McDonald's two new items measure up to Chik-fil-A's famous (and wonderfully mouth-watering) chicken? I've heard many say they're not sure if they could tell a difference between the two if they didn't know any better. Well, I'm not so sure.

I've yet to try to the Chicken Sandwich (and I bet that won't happen until after our trip to St. Croix) but the Chicken Biscuit didn't measure up. Cole didn't care for the biscuit; I thought the chicken was gross. It was a grayish color! Chik-fil-A definitely won that battle.

What do you think?

Can't decide? Maybe the nutritional information will help:
McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Biscuit:
Calories: 410
Fat: 20
Fiber: 2
Weight Watcher Points: 9

McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Sandwich:
Calories: 400
Fat: 17
Fiber: 1
Weight Watcher Points: 9

Chik-fil-A Chicken Biscuit:
Calories: 420
Fat: 19
Fiber: 2
Weight Watcher Points: 9

Chik-fil-A (Breaded) Chicken Sandwich:
Calories: 410
Fat: 16
Fiber: 2
Weight Watcher Points: 10

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Frankly, I think it's bootleg that McDs would blatantly copy another restaurants main entree. And maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but when they label it "southern" style chicken it makes me want to say "What the hell are you implying?".

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amyj said...

I did not need to see the calories on a Chick Fil A Chicken biscuit! ugh. But I still want one...
aj