Monday, August 18, 2008

Jesus Loves Me, This I Know

This is not what the Westboro Baptist Church wants you to believe. This hate-filled group is well known (not for anything that positively impacts the world or themselves or their congregation) for picketing certain events, specifically funerals of fallen soldiers and well-known politicians or family members of politicians.

First of all, it makes me sick to enter their site http:www.godhatesfags.com. - please know I had to google this, I do not visit this site. But it also makes you want to laugh out loud that they use the words "God" and "hate" together so much on their Web site and in their everyday language. They do not preach love or tolerance or forgiveness - you may remember this is what the Bible talks about. Ironically enough, they preach the Bible by preaching hate. Below is what I would consider their pathetic "about them" section found on the homepage of their Web site:

"Since 1955, Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) has taken forth the precious from the vile, and is therefore as the mouth of God (Jer. 15:19). In 1991, WBC took her ministry to the streets, conducting over 34,000 peaceful demonstrations (to date) opposing the fag lifestyle of soul-damning, nation-destroying filth."

Seems to me they cannot come up with anything better to bitch about besides the fact that there are people who live their lives openly gay and there are people who support it. I bet a few are just pissed off that they're gay themselves and are unable to admit it or act on it. Think about it, I bet some of them are gay. But that's not the point. Before I start a rant that is just as ridiculous as theirs I want to try and give you insight as to why they do the things they do. BUT I BARELY CAN! They're preaching is really just judging others and disrespecting millions of families.

I'm not going to preach - not my style - and you're not asking for it. But, it's so humorous (not really, but what else am I supposed to say?) that they cannot make a case for themselves except for "we live disgusting lives and God hates us for it." So, in turn they find it appropriate to picket Bill Gwatney's funeral and say that God sent the shooter because of his sins. And one of his sins is that he's friends with the Clinton's. Well, sign me up then. I just find it so inappropriate, weird, disgusting and bothersome.

If you feel like getting sick to your stomach you can visit their schedule of terror here. It lists Little Rock as one of it's stops before they scoot on to terrorize Isaac Haye's family. No that's not a joke. Check it out for yourself: http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html.

No comments: