Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Make it tonight! Tomato and Cheese Baked Chicken.


Since I work for an ad agency that represents Tyson Foods, Inc., many, many food shots and recipes come across my desk and computer multiple times throughout the week, if not each day. As I was thumbing through potential recipes and food shots today I stumbled upon one called Tomato and Cheese Baked Chicken on Tyson's Web site. And I made it tonight, which of course I loved, but more importantly it got rave reviews from Cole as well - sometimes we don't always see eye to eye on what makes a good dinner! But, we both loved this one and I know it gets hard thinking of things to make for dinner each night and I love getting new recipes, so I want to share this with you.

You can click on the link above or you can follow my recipe below. Note, the recipe calls for Split Chicken Breasts, but I used Boneless Skinless Breasts as it's lower in calorie and carried by most grocery stores.

4 Tyson(R) Trimmed & Ready(R) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 container garlic herb spreadable cheese, 6.5 oz., softened
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed; drained
2 tablespoons green onion, sliced
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated (optional, I intended to use afterward but didn't)

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with nonstick aluminum foil. Wash hands. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste; place in prepared baking pan. Wash hands. (I sprinkled with garlic salt and pepper and then browned each breast on the stove along with garlic for a couple minutes per side.)

2. Pat tomatoes dry with paper towels; chop as desired. Place softened cheese in small bowl. Stir in tomatoes, green onion and Parmesan cheese. Spread cheese mixture evenly over chicken. Wash hands.

3. Bake chicken 35 to 45 minutes or until done (internal temp 180°F).

SO GOOD!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds good. You should post some pictures of the dish you made next time. I have been kicking around the idea of doing a food blog. This guy sort of inspired me.

http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/