Monday, October 13, 2008

Money Problems Hitting Home

As we are all aware, the economy has hit quite a slump and we are all fortunate enough to feel the effects. Just kidding.

As many of you probably know, Heba (my step-sister) is studying abroad in France until December. So, I am living at our house by myself. And in my efforts to save a little bit of money each month I've managed to cut my cable bill in half. First, I switched to a slower Internet speed as I only use the Internet to surf - so I figure I can afford to "slow down" a bit. Second, I did something I've never lived with before - I walked away from my expanded channels. So now, I only have channels up to 22. No E! or MTV. I feel it's a little spoiled and superficial to feel I need those channels. Plus I don't watch them enough to warrant the extra almost $30 a month. And I can watch them at Cole's house when I want. :-) I promise to let you know if I cave and add them back.

So, this gets me wandering - what are you guys doing to save money? Everyone seems to be saving money in such creative ways these days and I need more ideas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been drinking less crown and more forty creek.